Friday, September 11, 2009

September 11

I couldn't let this day go by without posting something here about 9/11/01. How can any one of us forget? It was one of those events where you remember where you were and what you were doing when you learned of it, wasn't it? The entire day ....actually, the entire week!....was reports, video, photos of the events of that day. We were bombarded with so much. First the World Trade Center Buildings 1 and 2 (sorry I get confused about which was hit first), then the Pentagon, then the aircraft that went down. Later that day, we all witnessed Building 7 fall into a heap. My hubby and I and even the rest of my family were just devastated, in shock, afraid even.

The first thing I remember thinking the morning of the event was how did the media know right away that the attacks were the handiwork of Osama Bin Laden? That puzzled me. I went to work around ten and at the time, I worked as a Legal Assistant for my son, who is a Family Law attorney. One of his clients worked for United Airlines on the night shift and had an appointment with my son around 4 that afternoon. She called to cancel since United had asked all the employees present to stay to help family members. I asked her about the flight over Pennsylvania and she responded, "oh, the one we shot down?" I really didn't think that was a horrible thing. Sure, it was horrible for those that died and the families they left behind but I understood that the civil defense of our nation sometimes made for heartbreaking decisions. I simply believed that it WAS shot down because it was headed for the Capitol Building or White House. I knew that there were standing orders to defend Washington, right?

As the weeks passed, things started to not make sense. The explanations by NIST about the North and South Towers falling didn't explain the collapses which looked like controlled demolitions; the eye witness reports of hearing explosions were completely ignored. When hubby and I happened upon a video on the internet that asked hard questions like why was there a large round hole that supposedly a jumbo jet went through and no wings? No burnt grass? Videos taken immediately by the FBI of any cameras in the area that recorded the event. Why? We also watched In Plane Sight that asked more questions. We both began to seriously doubt the conspiracy theory the government was trying to get us to believe. Things just didn't add up!

The report by the 9/11 Commission was a travesty and those who had demanded answers (relatives and survivors of the events that took place) didn't get them. I don't KNOW what happened that day entirely and it is frightening to think that our government replaced aircraft with drones and then murdered the actual passengers? It is horrifying to think that the Bush administration was responsible for over 3,000 lives being extinguished that day. I certainly didn't want to believe that the industrial/military corporations would go this far to stir things up to the point where we marched into Afghanistan and then used the event as an excuse to invade Iraq. There were so many lies that it was hard to keep them straight and those in power didn't. They didn't understand the power of the internet and You Tube to "catch" them lying and publishing/airing them to everyone.

Those who questioned the "official story" were called conspiracy theorists, tin hat nuts, wing nuts, etc. Again, they refused to answer questions and just called us names. We still have no answers. I have not trusted government much since the Kennedy assassination but this event was the last straw for me. I know that many of our freedoms and rights were ripped right out from beneath our feet using the Patriot Act and other "Executive Orders". We have warrantless wiretapping now and people hauled off on the pretense of terrorism. I nearly gag when I read quotes from the "neo-con" journalists about jihad, al-qaida (spelled wrong, I know), how we have to give up liberty to protect ourselves from the Muslim terrorists. Yet in the same breath, they have done NOTHING to secure our borders and, in fact, would like Congress to grant amnesty to those 12 million (or more) illegals in this country already. I am sure a great percentage are those who are looking for a better life but I would bet that there are some who came here to do us harm.

We were promised "hope" and "change" and "transparency" in government. We have had none of these things. We are still in Iraq and Afghanistan, we still have the Patriot Act in full force and effect and we continue to be lied to. Legislation is passed under the cover of darkness and with this administration, the mainstream media just throws nonsensical stories at us (like Michael Jackson, Britney Spears, other sensationalist stories) instead of telling us what is really going on and calling our government NOW to task! We need to wake up, people! I surely don't know what it is going to take to get people to demand answers for 9/11, to open theirs eyes as to what is happening to their freedoms! All I know is that 9/11 opened my eyes once I had a chance to think about the events logically and I really want our present administration to authorize an independent re-investigation of the events of that day. No, it won't bring the dead back but we just might get some freedom back and certainly gain some trust in leadership today.

I wish I could be in Washington tomorrow for the 912 event. I hope that our politicians open their eyes and hearts to those of us in America that still believe in the Constitution, our republic and our sense of right and wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment